is kit car hobby gone
have not logged into the site for some time and all I see is web crawler robots being only ones active on the site.

Is the hobby gone or just that no one is building anything or wants to share their projects.

Perhaps its the content history as the forum was upgraded is gone and there is no reference to those older builds.

Anyones thoughts on this
I revived my thread from mad mechanics. I know there are several views on it and I have tried to keep it updated but there is not much participation it seems. I don't think the hobby is dead, maybe they are using different platforms. I also am not sure how many that were on madmechanics that knew about the transition to this site.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Since all of the history is gone no one has any reason to be coming in even as reference for ideas to their builds.
(03-20-2024, 08:19 PM)Chimaera Wrote: have not logged into the site for some time and all I see is web crawler robots being only ones active on the site.

Is the hobby gone or just that no one is building anything or wants to share their projects.

Perhaps its the content history as the forum was upgraded is gone and there is no reference to those older builds.

Anyones thoughts on this

I actually started to build a car of my own design. Tube chassis, V6 Audi as a donor. But since I haven't had enough progress to show anything of substance, I haven't posted it yet. I have some info on my YouTube Channel but it's all in Portuguese as of yet (I'll make an English video compiling all the released ones soon).

I'll leave a few early renderings of my car here. It's inspired by the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale and other 60's sports racers.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bruno Balestra